Friday, February 6, 2009

It started with a sketch....

I have always been into Fashion. When i was little i would take my moms clothes and pile them on trying to imagine myself as the glamorous woman i would grow up to be. My first job ever was dressing mannequins at a trendy store in the mall. I would spend hours putting everything together and always getting praise, and in trouble, for not following the corporate mandatory guidelines.

If i was at all artistic i think i would have ended up a designer. Unfortunately I can't even draw stick figures. When i purchased my wedding gown i was very pleased to receive in my packet, along with the intimidating payment schedule, a copy of the original designers sketch of my gown. I thought it was so beautiful and different. I've actually framed the sketch and it sits in my room on my makeup mantle.

Here are a few 2009 looks and how they went from the drawing board to the runway.

Enjoy!

Ines Di Santo


Vineyard


Badgley Mishcka Bride


Priscilla of Boston


Jenny Lee


Claire Pettibone


Melissa Sweet


Kenneth Pool

All images are courtesy of www.Brides.com.

1 comment:

  1. As i look at the sketches compared to the actual dress, the sketches will always be the winner. It seems no matter how great of an idea you have in your head, from the details of the fabric, e.g. color, type of material, to how the dress should be stitch. To me, the wonderful idea never seem to convey to reality. I guess nothing can ever be perfect.

    ReplyDelete