Saturday, December 20, 2008

All Wedding... All the Time!

So, at the time of this post its been exactly 13 days, 0 hours, 42 minutes and 37 seconds since I became a "Mrs." And to tell you the truth I thought once the wedding was over I’d be able to relax. No more stressing the details, no more burning myself with hot glue guns doing the numerous DIY projects, no more searching for the perfect shades of red, gold, and ivory.


But to be honest the first 24 hours after coming back from my honey were absolutely terrifying. Not just because I had to leave Cabo (that was really bad in itself) but because of the awful silence everywhere. The house phone wasn’t ringing with stupid guests on the other end saying that they want to bring their entire block association (or just 7 of the nicest members) to my wedding. My iPhone stopped chirping with constant reminders of places to be and things to do. My mom wasn’t nagging “we need to find a dress for grandma!” The Huzz (my current husband) wasn’t yelling “I need to know exactly how much this is going to cost!!!!!!!!!! With tax, shipping and the 50 dollars you knocked off the price and aren’t telling me about!” He is a very anal budgeter. Even my newborn son was asleep, with all his clothes washed, all his bottles clean and none of his other daily “chores” available to keep me occupied.


I thought I would go insane with the emptiness.


So I sat in bed, tapping my fingers against the edge of my laptop, when I had my “EUREKA” moment. I decided to go look at my wedding dress, which was still (and is still) hanging in the garment bag downstairs in the dinning room waiting to get to the cleaners. I opened the bag and all the warmth and happiness of my wedding and every beautiful yet annoying detail returned to my head and that’s when I knew… I was officially obsessed. I hugged the dress tight and then proceeded to inspect every inch of it, fighting the urge to put it on. (I finally decided that it wouldn’t be worth it because I can’t zip it myself and hence it wouldn’t be the same, so ehh why bother?”


Now you may want to call me crazy, or a stupid idiot, or a dumb be-atch (well I hope not that last one because I will get Brooklyn on you real quick) but I beg differ. I know I can’t be the only one out there, who is married, that still fantasizes about wedding planning. I mean if I were it wouldn’t be a career for hundreds if not thousands of individuals. So I’ve decided just NOT to let go. I’m going to carry on “planning” my wedding. And this one is going to be a banger. Honestly what’s the point of it being “imaginary” if it can’t be “budget free”. Maybe I’ll plan a few at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment