Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Shoe Hunt

A fellow blogger, and friend in my head, An Atlanta Bride, is on the hunt for her wedding day shoes. Oh no big deal you may all be thinking. Just Google Bridal Shoes, there are thousands of pairs.

Unfortunately these shoes must be glamorous (ok do-able), fashionable (easy), neutral or white/ivory toned because we don't actually know what her dress looks like (piece of cake) and... flat (oh dear...).

That's right I said flat. Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it? Let's see A Bride is to Flat Shoes as Micheal Jackson is to

A) Talented
B) Icon
C) Musical Genius
D) Sane

That's right, lets here it for D) Sane. It's just not gonna happen. BUT because she is so resourceful, and super sweet and because her blog is very addictive, I decided to try to see what I could find. Father help us...

Here's what i found:


Uhhuh NOTHING! There wasn't 1 flat shoe that spoke to me. And I can only imagine if this is how I feel , what she must be going through??? Not good.

Now I remember her saying that shes about 5'7" and he's about 6' so she can do an itty bitty heel. So I saw these...

Photosource: be creative photography

But of course they were on someones blog, and the person commented on the photo not the shoes. And obviously, with my luck, the post is from 2006! So uhhh that leaves me with nothing once again.

Wedding obsessed as I am, I sat down and started to think it over. Atlanta Bride, you should definitely get 2 pairs of shoes. 1 that you can walk down the aisle in and take pictures with Mr. Wonderful and the other for any other instance in which someone might get a look at your feet. Or dare they get a shot of them.

And yea, I know, we are supposed to be minding the budget and all. But honestly how will we get the awe inspiring shoe photos like these:

Photosource: Shoe Crazed Blog

Photosource: Jason Angelini Photography



Photosource: Angelica Glass

Photosource: VCS Photo

With shoes that look like this????



Ummm no. It's not happening.

So get a pair of white satin shoes like these pair by Steve Madden which aren't too bad. I think the heel is listed at 2 inches. And buy the shoe clips that you raved about so that we can feel a little bit better about how they look:


Photosource: www.endless.com


But please, please, please for me, and the true Fashionista I imagine you to be, get a pair like this:

Photosource: W Magazine

So that when you do post your wedding pictures I can oooooh and ahhhhhhh at every little detail. Even your shoes.

:)

Good Luck! I hope you can find something soon.

To learn more about An Atlanta Bride as she Plans Her Wedding to Mr. Wonderful read along with me every day here: www.jessicaralph.blogspot.com.



3 comments:

  1. I wish brides can wear more realistic shoes. You know the one that you can wear another day. Where are you really going to wear another white satin shoes too? Your imaginary backyard wedding. When my day come, I am going to get a shoe that I can wear to work or a cocktail party. Why is it that both your wedding dress and your shoes are just a one day thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ang!
    Thats why i wore red shoes... hmm sounds like inspiration for tomorrows blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If a bride purchases dyeable satin and sometimes satin shoes period, they can be dyed to a darker color such as black.

    ReplyDelete